Date Published : January 8th, 2014 Published By : adminDublin Fire Brigade is investigating reports that two Breathing Apparatus sets being worn by fire-fighters inside an apartment fire on Sunday morning last failed and ran out of air, forcing one of the fire-fighters to leave the building, it is claimed.
The apparent malfunction is said to have happened during last Sunday’s heroic rescue of eight people, including five children from a burning building at Thomas Court, off Thomas Street, south Dublin inner city.
What turned out to be a ‘good save’ could have ended up in far worse circumstances, according to a member of Dublin Fire Brigade. The Irish Fire and Emergency Services Association claimed n 2012 that the BA sets being used were ‘faulty and had failed’ a number of times.
Dublin Fire Brigade is investigating the claims.