Date Published : April 2nd, 2015 Published By : admin[caption id="attachment_1745" align="alignnone" width="640"] Pic: Garda Press Office[/caption]
Although An Garda Síochána are relatively happy with the response to the 24 hour nationwide 'National Slow Down' day, which was in effect from 7am yesterday morning until 7am this morning, unfortunately, despite the widespread publicity about the campaign, some drivers failed to change their driving behavior and attitude to speeding on the roads.
During the period of the operation, GoSafe detected 104,966 vehicles on the nation’s roads. 454 of which were recorded speeding.
[caption id="attachment_1772" align="alignnone" width="640"] Advertisement[/caption]
The Gardai, Road Safety Authority, Local Authority Road Safety Officers and other stakeholders are thankful for the public’s co-operation during National Slow Down day. Reports from around the country indicate that the message was heeded, and there was a visible reduction in speed from motorists, however, drivers are being urged to continue driving safe and reduce their speed.
Here is a list of notable occurrences of speed detections in the 24 hour period of Operation Slow own.
· 84 km/h in a 50 km/h zone on the N21 Adare, Limerick
· 93 km/h in a 60 km/h zone on the R245 Magheranan, Letterkenny, Donegal
· 122 km/h in a 100 km/h zone on the N4 Cloongad, Riverstown, Sligo
· 123 km/h in a 100 km/h zone on the N25 Luffany, Glenmore, Kilkenny
· 124 km/h in a 100 km/h zone on the N18 Cratloekeel, Cratloe, Clare
· 103 km/h in an 80km/h zone on the R733 Ballyknock, Ballymitty Wexford
· 122 km/h in a 100 km/h zone on the N80 Coolhenry, Ballickmoyler, Laois
· 114 km/h in an 80 km/h zone on the R314 Laghtadawannagh, Ballina, Mayo
· 124 km/h in a 100 km/h zone on the N11 Scarawalsh, Enniscorthy, Wexford
· 89 km/h in a 60 km/h zone on the Clontarf Road, Dublin 3
· 124 km/h in a 100 km/h zone on the N5 Ballymacrah, Castlebar, Mayo
· 69 km/h in a 50 km/h zone on the North Circular Road, Dublin
Published: 28/03/15 at 09.30
[caption id="attachment_1745" align="alignnone" width="640"] Pic: Garda Press Office[/caption]