Fire safety warning issued to homeowners

Date Published : July 2nd, 2017    Published By : admin

Dublin Fire Brigade has issued a fire safety warning to homeowners.

A resident called the fire brigade when they smelt smoke but couldn’t locate the source of the smell or the smoke.

DFB Fire Safety Socket warning
Photos: Dublin Fire Brigade / Illustration: Emergency Times

Firefighters who attended the call discovered the source of the burning was from a plug socket which had cracks on the front of it. This would indicate a sign of heat building up inside the socket due to bad connections in the wiring.

In a statement on Dublin Fire Brigade’s Twitter account, they said ‘A resident smelt smoke & got help. The socket was the source. Cracking on the front can be a sign of heat building up due to bad connections’.

← Back to Previous Page